Thursday, May 14, 2015

I'm still here!

I know that I originally planned to blog weekly with updates about my treatment while in IOP at The Renfrew Center.  But while I was in treatment, it just stopped feeling right to blog.

Maybe because I was getting so much emotional purging done through other formats, like journaling and therapy, and just didn't need this outlet.  Maybe it's because I felt like my treatment was sacred to me, and didn't want to share all of the details on here.  Maybe it's because I was drained, physically and emotionally during this time.  Probably some of each of these reasons.

Anyway, I have learned a lot over the past 2 months while in treatment, and I am planning to blog a lot about the lessons now that I'm out. 

Posts to look out for:

My Meal Plan- I will tell you all about the meal plan that I plan to follow for recovery purposes for at least a year.  My nutritionist says that it's important to be fairly "strict" about it for at least that long before trying to be more "intuitive" about it.

Coping Skills- all about the healthy coping skills I've learned

Sitting with the feelings- all about how to sit with difficult emotions instead of turning to an ED behavior

...and more!

I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of things with this blog and with the rest of my life.  A lot of personal developments in my life are going to be featured in this blog soon as well.  I've come to accept that life is all about change, even if change is my biggest fear.  It's okay to walk away from things that are bad for you. 

Also, I'm looking for some food journal support from you readers!  A big part of my recovery has been keeping a food and feelings journal on the Rise Up app and sending regular entries to my nutrionist at Renfrew.

I am no longer with a nutritionist because outside of Renfrew, I can't afford it.  But I would love to still have the accountability of sending regular journal entries to someone.  So, if you would like to be added to my journal email list, please email me at leahknew@gmail.com and let me know, or leave me your email address in the comments of this post (or a comment on my Facebook post about this post).

The journal entries get pretty emotional and raw sometimes, so if you like to read that kind of thing, you should sign up! 

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me.  I'm so happy that I did this for myself.  I am still with Renfrew, but as a part of their "Aftercare Program" which meets weekly, and as a member of their alumni association.

I am taking my recovery seriously.  I deserve recovery.  We all do.

xoxoxox

No comments: