Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sharing my Journal, Day 4

November 10 Food and Exercise Journal
time- food/exercise (points)

8:15am- banana (1.5), granola bar (4)

12:30pm- 1/2 cup ff refried beans (1), 1 tsp EVOO (1), salsa (0), 6 crisp n' light wasa crackers (2), 28 soy/wasabi almonds (4), 1 Hi-C juice box (2)

5:30pm- 3/4 cup brown rice (3), 1/2 cup black and kidney beans (1), veggies (0), 2 servings ore-ida fast food fries, baked (6)

7:00pm- salad (1)

8:30pm- 1 hour Nordic Track (+5)

9:35pm- steamed broccoli and carrots (0), 1 tsp EVOO (1)

Points Summary:
23/23 DP used
4.5/15 remaining WPA used
5 AP earned
0/28 AP used

GHG Summary:
fruits/vegetables- CHECK!
healthy oils- CHECK!
lean protein- CHECK!
vitamins- CHECK!
whole grains- CHECK!
activity- CHECK!
sugar/alcohol- CHECK!

Lessons Learned:
Still loving eating an "extra" 5 points every day. I can't wait to see how this style of eating has affected my weight, and I hope that it's in a good way. Because I LOVE it. Spreading the WPA out evening has felt amazing to me.

It's helped with my self-control and my appetite. Planning for 28 points instead of planning for 23 and then feeling as if I "went over" when I eat from my WPA, but still always eating them all anyway, was disheartening. This way, it's planned, I feel no food guilt whatsoever, and I'm satisfied.

Plus, go me for getting in that second oil serving last night! I really wanted peanut butter, but realized that I can eat some today. :-)

Today's Plan:
breakfast- banana (1.5), granola bar (4)
lunch- wasa (2), evoo (1), salsa (0), beans (1), steamed veggies (0)
dinner- rice (4), evoo (1), beans (1), veggies (0)
snacks- graham crackers (3), peanut butter (3), Hi-C (2), grapes (1), boca burgers (3), green beans (0)
exercise- Curves (+2), dog walk (+1), Nordic Track (+5)

No comments: