Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Life Update #1 (vacation!!!)...

Hello, all!  It's been too long (once again) but I have one more free day until life starts to get crazy again, so I thought I would take this opportunity to post.

This is going to be a rambly, "dear diary"- type post, which may or may not end up being fantastic or meaningful.  This is an update on all areas of my life, not just how big or small my ass is getting (but that will be addressed as well).

As many of you know, I just returned from an amazing and long overdue vacation to New York City!  My boyfriend Stacey and I visited my brother Joel and his boyfriend Kevin, who live in Astoria.  I had never spent any quality time with Kevin, so this was a wonderful experience!  My brother and I are extremely close (we refer to ourselves as "gorgeous twins" even though we are in fact 2.5 years apart) so it's really important to us that our boyfriends get along with each other and that we like each other's partners.  And I can officially say with all of my heart that I love Kevin!  He is so much fun, and makes Joel very happy.  And that's all I want for my bro, happiness. 

(And success.  To check out how amazingly talented my brother is, visit his website. )

Anyway, because it was just us four, there are no pictures of the four of us because someone always had to hold the camera.  But here are a couple of pictures:

me, Joel, Kevin and some muppets as FAO Schwarz

Stacey, me and Joel in a taxi
I had so much fun in NYC.  It was a wonderful experience full of good times, good food, and plenty of fun activities.

We saw Newsies on broadway (I give it 3 out of 5 stars because of my super high expectations); Stacey and I walked the Brooklyn Bridge; we all ate at Candle 79; There was a celebrity spotting (Ben Stiller!!!); I got to eat tons of delicious (and locally owned) vegan options; we rode bikes in Central Park; Stacey and I visited Atlantic City.... and so much more!  I love NY, and I love my brother.  I can't wait to go back!

Here are a couple of more vacation photos:

Stacey and me enjoy Astoria
I visited my top choice for law school!
Joel and I enjoy vegan cinnamon rolls at Babycakes!
my paparazzi shot of Ben Stiller (Should I drop out of school to pursue this?  I think it's pretty good!)
playing Heart and Soul on the BIG piano!
Okay, I guess that's enough for now!  So much fun was had.  This part was so long that I have now decided to do the rest of my life update in another post.  I hope that you enjoy my NYC pictures!

I will post again later about other life updates, including school, work, and my weight.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I <3 NYC! I live about 2 hours away, but only go maybe once a year! Granted, with the baby coming I don't think I'll be able to get there for a while, but I love the city! Looks like you had a blast!

Rachael said...

I also love NYC :). I live just under 2 hours from there, and go there to visit a few times a year. Glad you had fun and good luck with getting back to the usual routine.

Jennifer said...

love the pic of you two playing the giant piano! So cute! :) Glad you had a good time!!