Friday, December 14, 2012

the little things - Stopping my ALL or NOTHING thoughts.

Make smaller goals that are easy to reach.

This is something that I'm working on right now.  This way, instead of feeling terrible that I didn't exercise at all, maybe I will feel good that I got on the bike for twenty minutes.

Instead of feeling terrible that I didn't track ALL my food, I feel good that I tracked dinner.

Instead of feeling terrible that I ate NOTHING BUT JUNK FOOD ALL DAY, I will feel good that at least I at one cup of vegetables.

These are all things that are very hard for me to do.

I'm a very "all or nothing" person, especially when it comes to eating and exercise. 

I feel like if I don't track EVERYTHING, and if my food isn't ALL healthy, and if I can't exercise DAILY or for an HOUR, then I might as well not track at all, eat ONLY junk food,  and sit on the couch all day long.

But wouldn't I be a little bit better off if I ate at least SOME healthy foods, got in at least a few minutes of focused movement, and watched my portions at least a little bit by tracking maybe even only one meal?  

I think so.

I'm going to focus on doing at least one good thing a day for myself, and I'm going to try to celebrate the little victories.

This will include ALL aspects of  my life,  not just diet and exercise. 

Here's what I have accomplished today:
1) I walked the dogs 3 times (10 minutes each time)
2) I took a shower
3) I got on my bike for 40 minutes
4) I tracked my emotionally overeating breakfast on MFP

because a blog entry without pictures SUCKS


3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...

"because a blog entry without pictures SUCKS" :) Loved that note!

Leah, I cannot say enough to you how inspiring you have been for me.

I'm so glad we found each other on the internets. I'm very thankful for you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.