Monday, December 3, 2012

30DoB - Day 13 - My blog's name...

"Leah: The Kind Weight Watcher" is the name of my blog.

The reason that I gave it that name no longer applies, but I am keeping the name because it still applies to me and the blog for different reasons. 

Why "Leah: The Kind Weight Watcher"?  My original reason was that I was planning to combine Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet with Weight Watchers.  Meaning that I was a vegan Weight Watcher.

And that remained true (on and off with the WW part, but mostly on) for two whole years.

Then some terrible things happened in May and June of this year, which resulted in my taking a break from both vegan eating and weight watching of any kind.

And I've decided that for now it makes more sense for me to stick with vegetarian eating instead of going back to a vegan diet. My reasons for this are personal, and I'm trying very hard to not feel guilty about it.  Different eating styles work for different people, and this is what is working for me now.  I hope that all of my vegan readers are understanding of this.

I gained 40 or so pounds quite quickly between May and June.  I tried to get back into Weight Watchers and My Fitness Pal or any other tracking system, and have pretty much decided that they are not for me anymore.  At least, not for now.

So, if we go by the original reasons for the title (vegan eating and Weight Watchers), the name no longer applies.

But, I have new reasons for keeping the name.

One is that I'm working very hard to be KIND to myself in all areas of my life.  I'm trying to give myself a break, not beat myself up for not being the same person that I was before May 27, to not be too hard on myself for being obese again, and recently I'm trying to be kind to myself by introducing healthy foods back into my daily diet.

I don't look like this anymore, and that's okay.

I'm NOT watching my weight anymore.  I've decided to go by measurements, progress pictures, and how my clothes fit.  These are more important to me than the number on the scale, which can be confusing and mean (in my opinion).  So I've put the scale away again.

But, (and this may be a stretch), I am watching my emotional baggage, which could also be called emotional weight.  I see a counselor weekly, check in with family in friends regularly, and try to take time every day to make sure that I am doing okay.



what I look like now - and that's okay

So that's why the name is still the same.  The name of my blog now has nothing to do with food, eating, or weight.  It's about self-love.  My being kind to myself and watching my "emotional weight".

In case anyone was wondering.  :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i can totally relate -- i have given up both eating vegan AND vegetarianism (personal reasons as well) and no longer follow WW as i just do not want to live a life revolved around a scale. and yes, it is harder not to have those solid things to fall back on -- but this is for life and i need to find a way to LIVE!
i think all considering, you are doing amazingly and give you all the credit in the world! keep on the path to being kind to yourself and everything else will work out.
xxoo

btw -- some vegans were quite heinous to me -- hope they're nicer to you!

cyn

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Being kind to yourself is so important!

Jennifer said...

I just want you to know that I appreciate you very much. I"m so sorry you've had to go through so much heartache. My heart aches with yours.

Anonymous said...

[p]Republicans alone the affirmation they were appliance aldermanic rules to baffle the action and said there was no votes of any array [url=http://www.mbtboots.co.uk] mbt footwear sale[/url] on baby business lending . It also helps make wearing these walking shoes rather a unique knowledge to say the least, [url=http://www.mbtshoeswomen.co.uk] mbt footwear uk[/url] and rather a workout . Crichton [url=http://www.mbtstores.co.uk] cheap mbt shoes sale[/url] Medal) . Fitness Walking is the claim to its fame, but the Masai Barefoot Technology comes in several flavors so there is a shoe that [url=http://www.mbtshoeswomen.co.uk] mbt shoes clearance[/url] meets any needs . [url=http://www.mbtstores.co.uk]mbt for sale[/url] Walk . When making [url=http://www.cheapmbtboots.co.uk]mbt sale[/url] a down coat for your dog, use the filling from an old down vest and tightly-woven water resistant fabric . The consultation area [url=http://www.mbtshoeswomen.co.uk] mbt shoes uk[/url] featuring the most major impact isthat of e-Security leaders services, Which grow from $450million in 2001 to $1.[/p]



[url=http://test.sysman.ru/index.php?act=Post&CODE=00&f=244%3Cbr>qdaqt%2BResult:%2Bchosen%2Bnickname%2B%22Robdhq28%22;%2Bcaptcha%2Brecognized;%2Bregistered;%2Bprofile%2Bedited;%2Blogged%2Bin;%2Bsuccess;%2BBB-code%2Bnot%2Bworking;]Here Offer the cheap MBT for women online with high-quality 0c[/url]
[url=http://redbrothers.net/index.php?action=post;quote=54194;topic=8932.0;last_msg=115968]Here Offer the discount MBT online with good quality 0q[/url]
[url=http://mafioz.ru/news-add.html]There Offer the cheap MBT for women online with high-quality 1p[/url]
[url=http://www.stroeblitz3.at/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=241328]Here Offer the discount MBT online with good quality 0t[/url]
[url=http://forum.19rus.info/index.php?action=post;quote=12433;topic=107.3345;last_msg=48398]There Offer the discount MBT for mens online with high-quality 8j[/url]

Anonymous said...

If you're headed for a vacation or the beach, a short-sleeved camp style shirt in bold prints should be your choice. ghd mk4 gold Be sure to look at the three user-submitted color photographs of the bridge that are visible when the figure of a person by the scale selector is dragged near the satellite view of the bridge.. north face backpacks Actually this all is a class story. north face canada Most petite north face bridesmaids have trim upper arms and toned shoulders. http://www.downuggboots.com Yelp .

Anonymous said...

you could potentially contain the capacity to get into business your diy getting decrease and also proceeding higher, especially in revenge with all the reality that you tend to can be obtained on the proper low cost supplier, that is a brand new full another record, suitable at this point I recently wish to location a person despite the matter that may in the most suitable opportunity regarding receiving Burberry Jewelry from suppliers expenses. ghd online If it goes, I go. ugg boots sale When you are searching for the most effective Women Winter Hats product, You might want to go through our expert review about this Women Winter Hats. http://www.morenorthface.com I watched Dora go from a brown-eyed girl to a green-eyed girl, and from no lipgloss to all made up (though her lit up red lips were a bit strange looking to me). ghd green butterfly The discussion feature very much resembles Facebook wall users can reply, as well as Like each other updates and there are also on-going polls so that Bantr can give a sense of fan sentiment towards a club management and Board, which is a really nice feature..

Anonymous said...

This type of jewelry is excellent to give away as a memorable present. http://www.fitghdhair.com Making a pair of lovely and unique lampwork beads earrings in person is not such a difficult thing. north face backpacks We were warmly greeted by Jimi,BRAINtrust Marketing + Communications and the Platinum Hotel and Spa!. ghd hair straightener E-commerce business can be your main business. ghd blue Also, buying products from then on could help you save lots of cash, considering products sold through Chanel website will set you back factory prices.

Anonymous said...

Watch out for inadequate imitations that still need you to invest enormous wads of money on, only to discover that spoiled right after quick times people. ugg boots uk Spring 2012's peplum throwback has us wanting to party like its 1949. ghd flat iron Sometimes in long-haired wigs, sometimes showing his short, grey natural hair, Liu is always photographed in sunglasses and tights. north face jackets on sale Activities, key points, and test your knowledge' questions (for use during college/centre training), feature throughout the text to allow application of theory into practical contexts. north face backpacks Hence, keeping the increasing awareness of fashion amongst men, and giving and an expanded time and space to the men's designers.