Monday, March 28, 2011

Taking a WW break...


First of all, thanks for all of the haircut and swimsuit compliments!!! They made my day(s). :-) Yes, it took a lot of guts to post that swimsuit picture on a public blog, but I figured: why not? I hope to inspire other women to post pictures of themselves in swimsuits, smiling from ear to ear, and loving the way they look despite imperfections. And yes, despite how much I love that swimsuit, I did notice imperfections in my thighs and hips in that picture! But, I was somehow able to look past that, and to know that overall, the picture was beautiful.


I am officially taking a break from Weight Watchers. I doubt that this will last longer than a week, but it just may.

Why am I doing this? Mostly because I'm just kind of feeling "eh" about it. I want to eat healthy vegan foods to satisfaction. All healthy vegan foods.

I'm not going to take a break from tracking my foods, however. Or from eating right, or from exercising. Just from calling what I do "Weight Watchers" because I don't think that I want to follow WW right now.

I just want to be me! When I made this announcement this morning on my Weight Watchers home page, I was met with a bunch of "don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!" warnings.

I want to assure my blog readers that just because I'm taking a break from WW, I am not going to gain any weight back. No siree, regain is NOT an option for me. I really believe that WW has taught me a lot about healthy eating and portion control.

I will resume "Leah's Weight Watchers Plan" next week, probably. And tomorrow will be another Tasty Tuesday! And it probably won't be very different from what I have been eating on WW.

Have any of you ever tracked on Sparkpeople?? I have started it today, and I'm loving it. My username is: LEAHNEW.


8 comments:

Megan said...

I had a rendez-vous with Sparkpeople last fall, and I'm really thinking I might start up again. One bit of annoyance for me was that the name brand had to be right to accurately track, if you had peanut butter it couldn't be just any peanut butter because you know your PB is 3 p+ and this other brand is too, you have to enter the info if it's not in there.

And all my recipes are on WW, it's so hard to switch them over to SP. But regardless, I might try it again.

Oh, I didn't tell you before but I LOVE the haircut, and I love that you have the confidence to post a picture of you in your swimsuit.

Amanda said...

I did track in SP for awhile and I liked it. It was a lot harder when I first started because you do have to find everything or enter everything. It can kind of be a pain. I was doing both WW and SP and my results were pretty even as far as points vs calories.

I think you'll be succesful no matter what you do. I know you have what it takes and you have all the tools to help you. Good luck to you and make sure to keep updating us so we know how its going.

Lisa said...

You really look great! And the swimsuite and hair are adorable! Plus you look so confident and happy and more than anything that is what this journey is about! I love following your blog! Can't wait to see how this journey goes for you :)

Unknown said...

I could have written this post -- minus the new haircut and looking fabu in the bathing suit part.

I recently took a hiatus from WW to concentrate on fitness and ME a little more. I also track on SP -- I will be looking for you on there!

I agree with Amanda -- you will succeed in whatever you do!

♥cyn♥

Leanne @ The Skinny Architect said...

I sometimes track on SP because I like to track my protien intake, but I really prefer Fat Secret. I find that it has more of the products that I eat, personally. Keep up the great work, you look fantastic! You'll be at goal in no time!!
I feel you on the needing to take a break from WWers, sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming. I personally have issues with being a bit to obsessive at times which means I have to take a step back and breathe.

Thin Lizzy said...

i use sparkpeople! it is awesome. but, lately i have been using the app Lose It!

Lindsey said...

Aww, just saw the last post and you look BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely love the haircut, and the bathing suit is aaaaaa-dorable. :)

If going off of WW for the time being feels right, you should absolutely do it. You deserve to live life without worrying about points too much. After all your hard work, you can find a great balance! :)

Mariebop said...

LOL!! I saw the "dont do it's!!" on your WW page. Shook my head a little because on your blog you said you were going to track using SP. Use whatever works for you. It's all about knowing what you're putting into your body. Personally, I found getting points values was becoming a chore.

Since you're vegan, it might work out better for you. You'll be able to make sure you're getting enough protein.