Monday, August 30, 2010

Journal - Day One

This week I've decided to share my food and exercise journal with all of you, in my effort to be "as close to 100% On-Plan as reasonably possible for me". I'm inspired to do this by JBN and his blog "Everybody Weight a Minute" found here: http://everybodyweightaminute.blogspot.com/ and by Cheryl, AKA Bitchcakes and her blog found here: http://abitchcakesworld.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the inspiration!

I'm going to journal the previous day's results and then tell you my plan for the current day. Many (most) days my plan and what actually happens are two different things. I also plan to be completely honest, which for some reason is hard for me, especially when I eat oreos or chips.

August 29 Food and Exercise Journal:
time- food/exercise (points)
11:00 am- Kashi vanilla wheat cereal, soy milk (4)
11:30 am- grapes (1)
12:00 pm- 1 sandwich thin, 1 whole wheat hotdog bun, 2 teaspoons EVOO (5.5)
2:30 pm- 4 double stuff golden oreos, soy milk (7.5)
4:00 pm- sliced up red onion, 1 tbs dressing (1)
7:00 pm- meal that I COOKED (I will blog the recipe next) !!! (2)
8:30 pm- 1 hour on the Nordic Track (+6)
10:00 pm- veggie hot dog, whole wheat bun (3)

Points Summary:
Daily used: 25/25
AP used: 4/6
WPA used: 0/35

GHG Summary:
Fruits/Vegetables- CHECK!
Healthy Oils- CHECK!
Dairy- kind of CHECK! I drank two cups of soy milk.
Liquids- CHECK! (3 liters of water + numerous diet cokes)
Lean Proteins- CHECK! (tempeh in my dinner + veggie dog)
Vitamins- NOPE! I need to work on this one...
Whole Grains- CHECK!
Activity- CHECK!
Sugar/Alcohol- NOPE. (Oreos...)

Lessons learned:
I ate a lot out of boredom yesterday. Though my sugary delicous cereal was, well, sugary and delicious, it didn't really satisfy me and I ended up eating soon afterwards. I ate a LOT of bread yesterday (4 sandwich thins and 2 hot dog buns total, all were whole grain, but still). I learned taht I CAN cook a healthy and low point dinner quite easily, without a recipe. It was amazing. I plan to blog the "recipe" next. And I am still not taking my vitamins regularly. And, double stuff golden oreos are very high in points, moreso than regular double stuff oreos.

August 30 Food & Exercise Plan:
Breakfast- banana and granola bar (5.5)
Lunch- 1/2 cup ff refried beans, 1/2 cup salsa, 1 tsp EVOO, 4 wasa crackers, grapes (5)
Snack- carrot sticks (0)
Dinner- 2 boca vegan burgers, 6 oz baked french fries, 2 cups steamed vegetables, 1 tsp EVOO (10.5)
Evening snacks- veggie dog and whole wheat bun (3), soy milk (1)
Exercise- 1 hour Nordic Track (+6)

No comments: