Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back to vegan (for awhile)

Being a superhero is definately not for me. Not right now, anyway! It was too stressful, even on an every other day basis.

I just adore some processed foods entirely too much to not consume them daily. And some processed foods are not that evil, such as wasa crackers.

Still going strong as a vegan, but not anywhere near macrobiotic yet, and I'm not sure that I even want to be anymore.

I love tomatoes, potatoes, and spinach. So there.

Good news? I'm down another 1.4, which brings me to a new low weight of 186.8 pounds. Very exciting! Now if I can only lose 4.8 in June, I will be down 25 for the year and right on track to my very lofty goal of losing fifty pounds in 2010. Only time and effort shall tell...

3 comments:

Cecile said...

I had a similar experience when I tried superhero. It was too much too fast and I lost a lot of the joy I had had in the vegan food. I love some of the superhero recipes, but am not a superhero Personally, I think we're both making some pretty big changes. Glad to hear about your continued weightloss. I have a similar amount to lose.

Best of Luck!

Me said...

congrats on your weight loss!! that's always a good thing :)

Anonymous said...

Your doing great even adding in a little. I think Superhero, is really something that you have to grow into........and even then (as Alicia) does, you have to have non superhero foods sometimes. Heck- what would life be like without some treats!

I actually used to eat pretty clean, close to superhero before becoming vegan. Now I'm back to eating things I wouldn't have eaten much of before because in order to make the switch to vegan I have to prove to myself that I can do it. I've found myself trying a lot more processed foods as I'm in the "newlywed" phase from vegetarian to vegan.

I've been vegan now since May 3rd and things are going well........but I'm enjoying trying all the new foods as I get used to this lifestyle and learn a new way to eat out, cook and live.

Keep up the great work and don't stress over superhero. Get used to vegan and then introduce healthier dishes once in a while when you can. It's a Journey, enjoy it :)