Monday, June 24, 2013

Color Me Rad 5K

BEFORE...

I had such a rad time at the Color Me Rad 5K.  

First of all, I had a great team!  Three cousin friends and two new friends (friends of cousins who are now my friends!) all ran with me.  We were "Team Mopey Zoo Lion".

Here's the entire team before the race:

Team Mopey Zoo Lion:
Me, Debbie, Danny, Jeff, Mollie, and Ty in the front
The race was full of all sorts of people!  Different ages, different sizes, different colors (hahahahaha), and different levels of fitness.  I really enjoyed that part.

I had planned to try to run the whole thing, but my training has really fallen behind.  I ended up doing a mixture of running and walking.  Most people in this race were walkers, so I never felt out of place during my walk breaks.  Jeff and Mollie were the only two in our group who ran the entire time, and I came in third place for Team Mopey Zoo Lion, which I was pretty proud of.

We had a great time.

Here is the team after the race:



I had a bit of a color mustache, as well as colors everywhere.  I remember looking down at my neon orange cleavage halfway through the race and thinking that this was a much healthier reason for that than Cheetos.



I had such a fun time, and it has definitely inspired me to keep on running.



I need to get back to the treadmill, and back on track for my half marathon training.  This 5K was rough on me.  My body ached all over yesterday because I hadn't trained correctly.  I cannot imagine adding 10 miles to this distance.

But it will get done!  I still have the goal of running a half marathon in October.

I love having running goals.

One of the things that I'm focusing on in order to get past my EDNOS is to stop counting calories.


I plan to use my appetite as a guide for how much to eat, and my training as a guide for how much to exercise.  

This was a great experience, and I'm so glad that I made it!  It's always fun to see my cousins.




No comments: