Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wave 1 - Day 4


Breakfast: 1 cup oats, 1 cup almond milk

Lunch:  big salad 
snack: green beans


snack: apple
CHEAT snack: 2 cups popcorn with 1 tsp evoo
BACK ON TRACK dinner: tilapia and veggies
Today was tough.  It seems like every day is getting harder instead of easier.  Hence the cheating with the popcorn.  It was air-popped and 100% healthy, but not on the food list for wave 1, so it was cheating on a diet.  Luckily, I was able to stop after only a couple of handfuls and fix myself a  New Sonoma Diet dinner (minus the whole grains, because of the popcorn which I figure could count as my whole grain for the night despite it not being a wave 1 approved food).

So I'm going to stick to this diet for the rest of the 10 days of Wave 1 and then perhaps for another 20 days, but I'm not sure if I can do more than a month. 

I originally planned for 3 months, but... well, this may be too strict for me. I'm hoping to learn a few lessons from it (especially that I am capable of cooking several times a week and that health food makes me feel better that junk food does), and perhaps to get rid of the constant junk food cravings that I've had for months now.


1 comment:

Shannon Tatlock said...

Good for you, for realizing you may not be able to do this diet because it's so restrictive. I think that's why I've fallen off the band wagon so many times. Honestly, teaching myself portion sizes and everything in moderation has been the hardest thing I've done, but it's what's kept me on the straight and narrow over the last month.

If you're learning a lesson, then this has been successful! I believe you can do it for 30 days! :)