Sunday, June 2, 2013

The New Sonoma Diet - Wave 1 - Day 1

1 cup oats, 1 cup light soy milk, freshly cut strawberries

1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese for a snack


I made iced tea for the first time!  I went with green tea,
since there is a "one diet soda max per day" rule with the
NSD, but no limit to caffeinated tea or coffee.  And
I'm a tea person, not so much with the coffee.

Lunch was really good.  My first salad in a long while.
Spinach, bell peppers, red cabbage, red onion,
kidney beans, and a packet of light tuna.
Dressing was 1 tsp EVOO, some lime juice,
balsalmic vinegar,and some Italian seasoning.

I sneaked some celery into the movies...

Dinner was tilapia, veggies (zucchini, summer squash,
red onion, red cabbage, bell peppers), and barley, all
seasoned with garlic, evoo, vinegar, and Italian seasoning

No exercise today.  Planning to eat 11 almonds and an apple later if I get hungry again, but I don't know if that will happen.  If you couldn't tell be the pictures, this was a LOT of REAL food.  I'm  pretty satisfied. 

I will go into the details of the rules of The New Sonoma Diet Wave 1 (the first ten days) more tomorrow.  

All in all, I am very proud of myself today, and I foresee a great future with this diet, with a few tweaks to be made after my three month trial is over...


4 comments:

Rachael said...

Great first day and hope the homemade iced tea turned out well. I made some today also.

Bridie-Jayne said...

I haven't heard of this diet before (don't think it has reached our shores yet). Is it no carb? Good luck with it though :) love snoopy xx

Bridie-Jayne said...

I haven't heard of this diet before (don't think it has reached our shores yet). Is it no carb? Good luck with it though :) love snoopy xx

Jessica said...

Looking amazing today! I'm really quite proud of you :) That salad and tilapia took freaking fantastic and I want some!! :D Keep at it! Can't wait to hear more :)