Friday, December 17, 2010

going through photo albums...

I've been going through old photo albums in an attempt to find some good pictures of me with my Grandma for a painting/collage that I'm making her for Christmas.

It's surreal. I haven't seen these pictures in years, or ever. I don't remember a lot of these moments, even the ones from just a few years ago. It's strange to look at my past, and to know that this was my life, these moments really happened, even if I don't remember the specifics.

The baby pictures and little kid pictures are the most fun to look through. There's me with my brother, Joel, I'm one and he's three. In the next album I'm three and he's five. In less than 20 minutes, I watch Joel and I age from 0-10, and it's really fun.

The photo albums stop at around that age, and then I switch to the big photo boxes. I guess we got less cute or something! No more albums.

I never realized exactly how much my weight has gone up and down since I was 18... until I saw the pictures.

Luckily, I'm now pretty close to being as thin as I've ever been, so there weren't many pictures that made me think, "wow, I wish I were still that thin" like there used to be. So many obese and overweight photos of myself, from ages 18 on. Then there was the year that I was anorexic, and looked almost too thin.

I guess the point of this rambling post is to say that it didn't scare me. Last year, this would have scared me into thinking that I was doomed to have yet another regain. Not anymore!

I guess this is because I'm finally done with hardcore dieting. I'm eating less and moving more, and my body has grown used to both of those things.

And yes, I am following a diet (Weight Watchers) but it's not strict or terrible. It's how I know that I can eat for life.

I just love these little epiphanies.

No comments: