Monday, December 6, 2010

My first weekend on PointsPlus

(Saturday Weigh-In Results: 159.2!!! Down another pound, and out of the 160's!!!)

My first weekend on PointsPlus went very well! Saturday marked the beginning of my first full week on PointsPlus (the new Weight Watchers program).

I have to say, after a weekend on PointsPlus, I have begun to come around on this plan. I ate two of my favorite "junk foods" (Amy's pizza and a bag of light Lays) and used 20 of my Weekly Points (WP). Now, on this plan, we all get 49 WPs to be used every week on top of out Daily Points (DP).

So, I am entering into the work week with 29 WP remaining. Which means that it's entirely possible that I won't use all of my WP... and that will be a first. I always use all of them. And I still may, but it seems like a lot of food.

As promised, I will share a few daily menus as I learn how to live the PointsPlus way. Here is the plan for today (I get 29 DP):

breakfast: banana (0), granola bar (5)

lunch: wasa crackers (3), 1/2 cup ff refried beans (2), 1 tsp EVOO (1), salsa (0)

dinner: 1 cup brown rice (5), 1/2 cup black beans (2), 1 tsp EVOO (1), veggies (0)

snacks: apple (0), peanut butter (1), nilla wafers (3), chocolate soy milk (3), Hi-C (3)

P.S. I'm done with my "no-chips" challenge. I've decided that when I'm really craving chips, as long as I plan for them and track them, no big deal. And I don't crave them often anymore, thank goodness!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Leah, congrats on getting to the 150s! That's amazing =) I'm liking the new plan too--mostly because bananas are free.