Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Time Capsule

I got this idea from the blog "Escape from Obesity" http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/2010/12/time-capsule-2010-visions-of-future.html

That blog is amazing. It chronicles Lynn's weight loss journey. She has already lost 100 pounds and is getting really close to her goal weight! She is using Medifast, which is a program that I disagree with personally (too few calories, not vegan at all, highly processed) but I support her 100% with this. This is what works for her, and I believe that there is a diet/program out there that will work for everyone. Please go check it out, she is very inspiring to me. :-)

Anyway, this entry is inspired by her blog (see link above). Basically, I am writing a letter to my future self about where I want to be in a year, and how I feel about my life right now, creating a sort of time capsule for myself. I will open this up on December 29, 2011 and see what has changed.

Dear future self,

Right now, I'm feeling pretty good about my weight. At my last weigh-in, I was at 156.8. (It may have gone up since Christmas, but I'm pretty confident it won't be up too much. )

I look and feel amazing in size 14 pants. My 16s are all super-loose. I still wear some of them, though, because I don't have many 14s yet. So they are loose, but not "falling off" loose yet.

I'm cooking a couple of times a week, usually a variation of the same meal: rice, beans, vegetables, evoo. I still eat a lot of processed vegan goodies on the weekends, though, and right now I'm okay with that.

I exercise 6 days a week on average. I usually do an hour of cardio, and sometimes will add half an hour at Curves to that.

I would love it if in a year, I was down to my goal weight of 135 (or higher if I end up changing my goal weight).

I would love to be fit and healthy. I want to learn how to increase the intensity of my workouts, since I will have less time to devote to them once school starts.

I also hope to learn to cook several new meals, and to share my experiences with them on this blog, along with the recipes. I want to focus more and more on whole foods and superhero cooking.

I hope that I will wear a bikini this in the summer of 2011 and feel great in it! I rocked one in 2010 at 180 pounds, so I'm sure this won't be a problem.


I want to help and inspire other Weight Watchers and Kind Lifers (and anyone else, too!) to reach for their goals this year, too. If I manage to inspire just one other person to get to goal (or close to it!) in 2011, I'll be so happy!!!

Love,
Your Past Self


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

GREAT idea! I think I may do the same. It should be interesting, to say the least!