Monday, June 3, 2013

Wave 1 - Day 2 - What I ate

1 cup oats, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup strawberries,
green tea!  I was full halfway through, so I saved the rest
for when I got hungry again...

I added 1/2 cup of cottage cheese to my breakfast
leftovers for a tasty snack!

Lunch was 2 vegan boca burgers with some ketchup
and a side of broccoli!  (Or was it a bunch of broccoli with
a side of boca burgers?) 1 tsp EVOO on the broccoli.

Dinner tilapia (cooked with EVOO and garlic) with a side of
veggies and barley.  In the mix of veggies: summer squash,
zucchini, bell peppers, red onion, and canned tomatoes.
Cooked with some cooking sherry and lime juice.
All seasoned with Italian seasoning.

Later I had a snack of celery and 1 tbs peanut butter.

I also enjoyed an orange!  And Diva and Jacques enjoyed
some begging.
I did pretty well today, but I was SO wanting snacks.  And not healthy ones.  I wanted chips and candy.  But I didn't have any of that, and I'm going to stick to this for 3 months like I said, so I settled for Sonoma-friendly snacks.  :-)

I'm off to get on my bike for an hour!  I don't think I mentioned this, but the NSD suggests 1 hour of exercise 5 days a week.  Nothing specific, just whatever I want to do.  And today, the bike fits into my schedule.

I hope that all of you are having great weeks so far, and that you are enjoying my food posts.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Another excellent day and the first few days are always the hardest.

Jessica said...

Oh yes, I imagine those cravings are evil, evil little monkeys. What always gets me to fall off the wagon: running out of the healthy stuff. If you have the time and money to make sure you don't run out, I think it'll be easier. At least for me it would be :P Anyway, congrats on day two!! You're doing great :)

Shannon Tatlock said...

I keep hearing about blogs mentioning EVOO. What is this? Is it good for weight loss? Or is it a flavoring?

Good for you, for sticking to your guns! You can do it! Battle on.