Thursday, May 20, 2010

50% Superhero Challenge!

I'm big on baby steps. Especially when it comes to changing how I eat. When I decided to cut meat, I was able to do it right away since I had never eaten too much of it anyway. Dairy was another story altogether. Processed foods that contain trace amounts of dairy, eggs, and honey were the most difficult thing to let go of! But I did it, in baby steps.

I did a 50% plan. Every other day, I was vegan. Until one day I was out of dairy, eggs, and processed non-vegan foods. Then I stopped buying them, and was vegan 100%, every day.

Now I want to start cooking more often and become superhero. I want all the good feelings, weight loss, and health that come from eating like a superhero (as outlined in TKD, of course).

So I've made an important decision: I am going to be 100% superhero every other day. So on the road to being superhero, I will be "just" vegan every other day for awhile. Hopefully this will train me how to eat like a superhero with no real pressure. If it's hard, at least I know that I can eat a potato/spinach/soy milk/rice dream the very next day.

I will let you know how it goes!! Today is a vegan day, and here is my plan:

breakfast- banana (small)
snack 1- almonds (about 8 of them)
lunch- Amy's bean and rice burrito, salsa, air-popped popcorn with EVOO
snack 2- raisins
dinner- pita bread, hummus, big salad (spinach, kale, tomatoes, cucumber, onion)
snack 3 (if hungry)- wasa crackers with homemade guacamole (avacado, onion, oregano, garlic, lime juice)

exercise: Curves circuit training (30 minutes), Nordic track skier (60 minutes)


2 comments:

Michelle G said...

"a potato/spinach/soy milk/rice dream"

I haven't read TKD, but I don't understand what's wrong with potatoes, spinach, or rice. I can see soy milk being taken as processed, but yeah, I'm confused.

Leah: Not Otherwise Specified said...

Nothing is wrong with any of those foods for most people. TKD superhero plan is macrobiotic veganism, which has a lot of healthy foods on the "eat sparingly or not at all list" such as potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, and nearly all processed foods including milk substitutes. It will be a challenge for me, but I'm going to try! Google "macrobiotics" or read TKD to find out more about the reasons. :-)