Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thoughts on "detox"


Today I am in detox mode. Mostly because last night I ate a regular chocolate chip cookie and woke up bloated, gassy, and gross.


I ate the cookie in desperation. I was hungry and dinnerless all through my cousin's confirmation (which was great, by the way!) and afterwards (9:30 p.m.) they had cookies and punch... so I ate a very non-vegan, very delicious, very BIG, cookie. I made the choice, and the choice was to eat when I was ridiculously hungry, even if it wasn't vegan (or healthy). I don't think it was a bad choice overall. Better than passing out on the drive home, for sure. Anyways...


Thoughts on a detox day? I could surely use one now, and not just because of the cookie. I've also been eating other crazy crap all week (ruffles and frosting, anyone?), and haven't been exercising as much as usual, due to a lot of family obligations. Well, maybe I shouldn't use that word, "obligation" sounds as if I'm doing something that I don't truly want to do, and that's not the case. So, I'll say family "stuff". Yes, "stuff" sounds much nicer.


Today I plan to eat only fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and nuts. And drink a TON of water. Basically, be a superhero. As a way to detox my body from the processed sugar fest I've been enjoying lately. And to hopefully rev up my metabolism a bit, since I've been kind of inactive this week.


I'll let you know how it goes!


3 comments:

Twon said...

Well, while our diets currently do not coincide very much (or at all, my being a turncoat) at least we can agree on turning away from processed sugar!! I remember when I was vegan, whole foods had these vegan creme filled chocolate cupcakes that I was IN LOVE with!! Except they were pure sugar and fat and had like 1000 calories for one!! But boy were they delicious. I eventually had to forcibly remove them from my diet as it didn't coincide very well with the tofu and vegetables I was trying to eat more often!

Leah: Not Otherwise Specified said...

Cream filled cupcakes you say? Hmmm...

Leanne @ The Skinny Architect said...

I love WF's Vegan Chocolate Mousse (made with silken tofu and chocolate powder), soooo good!

If you are serious about a detox, like real detox, check out the website GOOP. They have always seemed a little extreme, but she has some good ideas for detoxing.

Otherwise, just get back on track and you should feel as good as new in a few days!