Monday, April 4, 2011

workout DVD review - Mari Winsor pilates


Hi, everyone! I hope that you all had great weekends. I had a pretty good one. It was an excellent mixture of relaxation, studying, exercising, housecleaning, and more studying. ;-)


Tonight is going to be even more studying, since I have a big test tomorrow!!! Wish me luck, if you dare.


First off, I wanted to tell you that I had a workout planned for this morning. I was going to hop on the Nordic Track before work for 40 minutes. I had my clothes all laid out by the NT, and went to bed really looking forward to it, since I hadn't gotten on the NT for awhile now (I have been switching things up!).


... My alarm somehow failed me. :-( The alarm that I set to wake me up at 6:15 didn't go off. I have checked and rechecked, and it's set correctly, so I don't get it. Maybe it's the Universe's way of telling me that I needed an extra 45 minutes of sleep this morning? I don't know, but it was frustrating, especially since I don't have time to exercise this evening, so it's an unscheduled DOR. These things happen though, so... whatev.


My weigh-in is another question mark. On Saturday, I stepped on the scale, and it said "143". I was thrilled, but since my scale has been kind of wonky since forever, I always step on it three times, and take the average weight. Well, I stepped back on and it read "148". Then I stepped on again and it read "153". So I was either gaining 5 pounds a second, or my scale isn't working right. I went with "scale not working right". So now I have to buy a new one, which kind of frustrates me, because new scales scare me. What if it reads higher than my old scale? I hate new scales. :-( I will probably procrastinate buying a new one for awhile, and just go with how my pants fit, and keep taking my measurments every couple of weeks. Another sign from the Universe, perhaps?


Okay, now to the real reason of this post: My review of another old workout DVD of mine: Mari Winsor Pilates 20 Minute Workout!


I was duped into buying a 3-pack DVD set of Mari Winsor pilates several years ago, off of an infomercial (much like my experience with my now beloved Wave). And I have to say that I LOVED THIS DVD!!!!


First of all, it was only 20 minutes long, so it wasn't daunting at all. Secondly, I got to do this workout barefoot, how cool is that.


It was several pilates moves, including some classics like "the 100" and "the rollup". I haven't done abs workouts in... years, maybe? so this felt amazing to stretch that out. It was all ground work, and included leg lifts, which also felt great.


I did the workout on Saturday, and on Sunday, my abs were killing me. Seriously. Killing me.


So, I know that it really works those abs, all in just 20 minutes! Plus it was a great way to break up studying. I did an hour of homework, 20 minutes of pilates, and back to homework. I think that it's definately going to get added to my evening routine a couple of times a week, if only to release some pent-up endorphins, and to stretch out after being hunched over a computer for hours every day.


Two very enthusiastic thumbs up! I want to get more pilates DVDs now. Any suggestions?


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck on your test!

I would hate to buy a new scale too but it'll all even out eventually. I think now days most digital scales are pretty accurate. Hopefully you don't see too big of a difference if any at all.

Anonymous said...

I have those DVD's also and have a love/hate relationship with them ! LOL...I think if I did them more often, I would LOVE them more ! Might have to dig those out.

I would just buy the new scale and go from there. It all averages out right ?!

Anonymous said...

Undeniаbly сonѕider that that you said.
Үour favourіte rеаson seemеd to be at thе nеt the easieѕt thing to
takе into account οf. I ѕay to you, I ԁеfіnitely gеt irked whilѕt other fοlks cоnѕiԁeг ωorries that they just ԁon't recognise about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the entire thing with no need side effect , other folks can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thanks

http://usedbuckettrucks2.blogspot.com/2011/07/tips-for-buying-your-next-used-bucket.html
My site : Utility vehicles