Monday, April 19, 2010

Lost More Weight!


Hurray! I've lost another 1.5 pounds. I know this is from eliminating dairy, because I ate a lot of processed crap last week. Yes, I admit it. So I need to stop that immediately, because I know that's not really following the Vegan plan.

Well, I guess it is, since I ate absolutely no meat or dairy products, but I'd rather be a more clean-eating vegan than one who depends on processed foods.

Speaking of processed foods, I think that I finally found a replacement for my poptarts: Nature Valley peanut butter granola bars! These are vegan, have only 5 or 6 ingredients, all of which are pronouncable. So I will allow myself to indulge in these a couple of times a week, and see if that effects my weight loss or not. I feel quite satisfied right now, and I ate one about an hour ago. I have a banana in my purse for when/if mid-morning hunger strikes.

I think that if I am going to follow TKD better, I will eventually have to wake up earlier and cook breakfast. But for now, these little crunchy granola bars will help me be a happier vegan. I'm not near superhero status yet, but hopefully in the near future I will be.

Here is my plan for today:

breakfast: granola bar, banana
lunch: Amy's rice and vegetable bowl (frozen meal)
dinner: whole wheat cous-cous, white beans, sunflower seeds, EVOO; steamed greens
snacks: air-popped popcorn with EVOO and sea salt; cucumber slices, carrot sticks
exercise: 30 minutes Curves circuit training, 60 minutes Gazelle cardio
p.s. That picture is not me! Well, if that girl does weigh 191.5 pounds, she's 8 feet tall. Just thought it was a cutsie representation of fitness.


No comments: