Friday, August 17, 2012

Fickle Me... Back to Intuitive Eating!!!


...Yep.  You read the title correctly.  I'm switching plans AGAIN.

This is not "giving up" on Weight Watchers.  This is just me, finally having reached dieting rock bottom (a phrase from the book!). 

I still stand behind every single plan (and plan within a plan) that I have tried since starting this blog.  Every single one of them are wonderful in their own ways.  Some of them are better than others.  They all  have the potential to be life-long plans.  There are probably many people out there who have truly been able to make lifestyles out of each and every one of them.

Just for fun, I think that I will take a walk down memory lane... Also, my friend and fellow blogger Kate said that she didn't know if she would love to know how many times I've changed plans.  ;-)

Here are the plans that I have tried since the beginning of this blogging adventure:

1) The Kind Diet - my first "kind" grocery list (April 5, 2010)
2) Weight Watchers Momentum - back to WW (June 28, 2010)
3) confusion/not really following anything 100% - fickle (July 9, 2010)
4) decision to combine TKD with WW - blog name change (July 13, 2010)
5) Weight Watchers PointsPlus - PointsPlus summary (November 30, 2010)
6) WW Simply Filling Technique - SFT (February 20, 2011)
7) "Leah's WW Plan" (modifications to WW) - My Plan (March 15, 2011)
8) Sparkpeople - Taking a WW break (March 28, 2011)
9) ...and back to WW as written - Hello, WW! (April 14, 2011)
10) Intuitive Eating - goal weight crisis/IE thoughts (May 23, 2011)
11)  My Fitness Pal - Calorie Counting Confession (June 27, 2011)
12) Another Leah Original Diet Plan - Experimental New Plan (August 17, 2011)
13) ...and back to WW again! - The WWer Returns (September 12, 2011)
14) Intuitive Eating, Take 2 - EDNOS recovery (December 2, 2011)
15) ALODP - Back to School Plan (January 12, 2012)
16) MFP/IE combo... - Reject the Diet Mentality (February 10, 2012)
17) Eat to Live - ETL (February 21, 2012)
18) The Emotional Diet - Working on things... (May 17, 2012)
19) Back to WW again - Week One Back (July 2, 2012)
20) Simply Filling Technique again - SFT (August 13, 2012)

Woah...

Okay, so I've tried a lot of different things to lose weight.  I always end up going back to Weight Watchers it seems.  I think that is because WW is comfortable for me, because I  understand that plan.  Not because I actually enjoy eating that way, but I get it.  It's a really good plan!

Like I said, I stand by all of these decisions.  They are all good plans, but...  I'm ready to be on the non-plan plan again.

I'm going to start out slow and easy with the intuitive eating thing this time around.  I'm in no rush to get it.

Sure, I would still love to make my "Lose 25 Pounds by Valentines Day" challenge.  But I may not, and that is okay.

I'm going to start IE with focusing on the first parts, and not move into the rest of the book until I master the first ideas.

For me, that is rejecting the diet mentality, giving myself truly unlimited permission to eat, honoring my hunger, and learning to trust myself to choose my own foods and exercises.

I hope that all of you support my decision to give Intuitive Eating another go, since this is what I truly want, after LOTS of soul-searching.

And yes, I realize that I may switch back to WW or something else again, because that does seem to be my pattern. But for now, I'm really going to commit to IE.



No comments: