Wednesday, January 19, 2011

For the love of the Nordic Track Skier...


Seriously, I love this thing. I'm sure that I've given the backstory of my love affair with the Nordic Track pro-skier, but here it is again, in detail:


1995: My parents bought the Nordic Track skier, back in the peak of its popularity. I wasn't allowed near it.


1997: We moved the Nordic Track with us from Hawaii to Nebraska, where it was almost immediately forgotten about, stored in the corner somewhere (I think in the basement?)


2002: The Nordic Track moved with us again from Nebraska to Tennessee, only to be stored in a corner again, collecting dust.


2010: The Nordic Track skier found its new "forever-home" with me. It is used several times a week and (if objects had feelings, of course) is happier than its been since 1997!


And it works, by the way. It's a wonderful cardio workout! My lower body, especially my butt and the backs of my legs, and my back and upper arms have all been completely reshaped since I started my skiing.


Oldies are goodies.


3 comments:

Katie said...

Leah, I'm so jealous! I wish I had a Nordic Track in my house =)

Amanda said...

Me want one too!

That's great you are able to use it at home. I had a treadmill at home that I ended up selling about 2 yrs ago. Now I wish I didn't because I could run on it at home when I didn't want to go to the gym. Booo..

Unknown said...

My family has one too, bought in the early 90s. It never really was used much and now it's stored away in a back room.
I should try it out again sometime. :)