Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Leah: The Kind Weight Watcher's first official retraction...

Remember how excited I was about Curves zumba? Remember this stellar review?

I take it back. I take it all back!

I just wish that I was already a lawyer so that I could really do something about this, but here is the injustice that I was faced with yesterday:

They are charging for zumba!!!! $2.00 per session. This wouldn't be a big deal (Oh, I'd still be furious, but it wouldn't be quite the upset that it is) if Zumba took place in a seperate room. But no, Zumba takes place in the only room, right around the equipment that is for PAYING members to use during all hours of business...

Now, if a PAYING MEMBER wants to do the workout that was PAID FOR at 5:30pm on Tuesdays or Thursdays, they will have to PAY an additional $2.00???!!! I'm sorry, but I PAY $35.00 a month to have unlimited access to Curves.

I want to see my contract. I should not have to pay anything about my $35.00 monthly fee to use the facility at any time it's open.

It's ridiculous. I am going to be writing to the corporate office about this, just as soon as I figure out how, and who exactly to complain to.

$35.00 a month is not chump change for me. No sir-ee, I budget around that number. When I joined Curves back in February 2010, I decided that it was worth giving up some fun things every month to get in shape with Mom. So for almost a year now, I have sacrificed movies and going out to eat for going to Curves.

And they have the nerve to charge me more, just because the only time that I can fit it into my schedule is right after work, which just happens to be when the now $2.00/session Zumba classes are?!

Not cool, Curves. Not cool.

And yes, I know that school starts for me tomorrow and that this will basically no longer apply to me since I will only be able to go to Curves on Fridays until Summer break... but it's the principle of the thing.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree with you. It is ridiculou to take away the opportunity of paying members to work out if they don't pay more. I am sure if enough people complain they will have to change that. But that is seriously bad customer service

Hazel said...

That's ridiculous! I'd be upset too. I am sure other Curves members feel the same way you do. It probably wouldn't hurt to write a letter to corporate to express your dissatisfaction. What if that was the only hour you could workout?

Katy said...

Not cool at all. Several years ago, I actually read that the manager/CEO of Curves was actually a very conservative guy who was pretty anti-gay. I believe I read that from the Human Rights Campaign. Not that this has to do with them charging extra for Zumba, but that is the reason why I have never even considered Curves. Hopefully that has changed over the years...I am not sure. You shouldn't have to pay extra for Zumba.

Leah: Not Otherwise Specified said...

Curves is anti-gay?! That's not cool. If I find that to be true, I'm definately not renewing my contract.