Monday, January 31, 2011

Maintaining...?



Well, folks... I maintained.



After a great week of pretty amazing eating, including one day of 100% Power Foods, and steady exercising, I maintained my current weight of 154.4.



And I'm actually NOT upset about it!



*shocking*



I love this weight. I feel thin and beautiful and... healthy.



It's not my ultimate goal weight (135 is!!!), but I'm pretty content to stay around this weight for a bit.



If the losses start to slow down, that's actually OKAY with me.



... Now, that being said, I'm not going to jump up and down with joy over maintaining after trying to lose.



There are a few possibilities for the reasons I maintained this week:



1) Water weight. I felt kind of bloated this weekend, after a salty day on Friday (triscuits, pickles... falafel...)


2) My body is adjusting to my new exercise routine. Last week was the first full week of my new college exercise plan, which basically is less time consuming, but higher intensity workouts, usually in the morning before work.


3) I'm so close to my goal weight now that the losses will be slowing down. Many have told me that this would probably happen, and I didn't want to accept it, but this just may be the case.


4) I didn't eat enough. I'm not sure if this is actually possible as a reason to not lose weight, but some WW members have told me that it is. I ended the week with some WP remaining, which never happens for me. And on Tuesday, I went to bed with a couple of DPs left.



My plan is to just keep on going, stay OP, and keep up with my new exercise routine. Oh, and to hope for a good loss next time! :-)
P.S. This is a picture of me in jeans that fit! I'm loving wearing fitted jeans. (size 14)

5 comments:

Her Posh Palate... said...

Way to go on maintaining!

I have to say, I don't think you look like a size 14 at all... Just from that picture I assumed you were a 5/6!

You look great and I love your positive attitude!

Amanda said...

I'd have to agree with Jess. You look so tiny. There is no way I would have thought you were a size 14. I weigh that and I still have my muffin top. Ugh! Now if I could get that to go away I'd probably be happy at this weight of 172. I hope I look as good as you when I'm in the 150's. You are so inspiring!

I'm glad to hear you aren't upset that you didn't lose. I think its healthy to maintain here and there. If you eat right and exercise eventually you will see the rewards. That's what I keep telling myself anyways. :)

Leah: Not Otherwise Specified said...

WOW, thanks for the compliments! HPP- I cannot tell you how amazing that felt, having you say that you would have guessed I was a size 5/6... seriously, thank you!! :-)

It's my hips! They are keeping me from being a smaller size... but they are going down, just slowly.

Me said...

I'm with HPP & Amanda- you are one tiny 14! and look fab :)

Katie said...

You look AMAZING Leah, and I agree with PP, you look absolutely tiny. I don't know what kind of 14s you're buying, but yeah, I don't think you look that size.

Congrats on the positive attitude. You know, your body might be just be comfortable at it's current weight. Do you need to lose more? I think you look great already. Just my two cents =)